I made string art! Woo hoo! It’s so pretty and I lurrrve it.
Here’s how I did it.
- nails (small nails)
- cork board (I used a bulletin board)
- paint (optional)
- I painted my canvas brown and gold to make it look like a piece of wood because my design that I wanted to make was a sailboat and I thought it would look nice against the brown since I chose to do my design in blue and white.
- Arrange your nails in the design you want to create. I forgot to take a photo of this part because while I was doing it I realized that the canvas was way too thin to hold the nails in place.
- I then glued cardboard to a bulletin board I had around to create a thicker canvas. I knocked off the frame and then cut the board combo to fit inside of my canvas.
- I used craft glue and glued the combo to the canvas once I was sure it fit and placed some heavy books on it to let it dry.
- Then I re-did all the nails, haha. Then start stringing! Tie a knot around one of the nails and just go. With the blue string, I didn’t have a pattern I was following on the body, but I did try to create a mast. With the white string, I was trying to make it look like sails, so I had a pre-planned pattern. Tie off the string when you’re done. Total, mine is made only from 3 strings (They’re just really long!) For instance, there is one continuous white string used and two blue.
This is in our bedroom, but I plan on keeping it as long as it lasts and making more! It wasn’t too difficult and I could make so many other patterns.
Also, the title of this post is from Blink 182’s song “Strings” – Check it out
And just for fun, this string quartet performed “What’s My Age Again” and it’s aaammmaaaazing, so you should listen to it